Join us in celebrating the first ever International School Meals Day! In addition to teaching children everywhere sound nutrition practices, the day aims to share policies, practices, and research between participants.
We welcome the participation of school cafeterias worldwide. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Host cooking classes with an international theme
- Partner with a school in another country and discover different food cultures
- Plan fundraising activities for charities that support school feeding programs in developing countries
- Plan off-campus visits to universities, field trips to farms, etc. to learn more about food production
- Highlight innovations and successes from your school cafeterias
- Use Facebook and Twitter to promote the day. Our Twitter handle is @IntSchoolMeals and the hash tag is #ISMD2013
We hope that schools across the globe will help us inaugurate what will surely be a fun and educational day devoted to cultivating students’ health eating habits, as well as piquing their interest in other countries’ traditional meals and customs.
Learn more about International School Meals Day by visiting www.internationalschoolmealsday.com.
International School Meals Day Supporters:
USDA, School Nutrition Association, Global Child Nutrition Foundation, Scottish Government, Welsh Assembly, Northern Ireland School Caterers Association, Local Authorities Caterers Association, Association of Service Solutions in Scotland, Association for Public Service Excellence, Children’s Food Trust, Food For Life, BBC World Class, British Council, Education Foundation, Children in Scotland, Education Scotland, Mary’s Meals.